Carolina Creek Christian Camps are committed to providing a safe online experience to people of all ages that may visit this site, and we take special care to protect the privacy of children under the age of 13. We have developed our privacy practices to be in compliance with the requirements established by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). We also recommend that parents monitor their children’s internet activities and learn to employ software or other tools that can help children enjoy the fun and entertainment of an online experience without compromising their personal safety or allowing them to use the internet in a manner inconsistent with their parents’ preferences.
The Information We Collect
- Non-Identifiable Information
- We collect information through technology to make our site more interesting and useful to you. For instance, when you come to one of our sites, we collect your IP address. An IP address is often associated with the portal through which you enter the Internet, like your ISP (Internet Service Provider). Standing alone, your IP address is not personally identifiable. At times, we also use IP addresses to collect information regarding the frequency with which our guests visit various parts of our site.
- Personally Identifiable Information
- Much of the personally identifiable information we receive comes directly from website visitors who are registering a child for camp, purchasing merchandise from our online store, inquiring about staff positions, or logging on as a parent, camper, staff member, or guest. Typically, this information includes, but is not limited to, camper registration information, staff applicant information, visitor’s name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
- Health Information
- In the camper registration area, information relating to the health history of the camper is requested. Our guidelines with respect to health history information are referenced on our medical waiver.
- Payment Information
- In order for you to purchase merchandise from our online store or provide payment for a camper’s deposit and tuition, your credit card and/or bank account information will be collected to process payment. If you elect to provide payment for camper tuition via recurring payments, your credit card and/or bank account information will be retained in our secure system.
- If you have completed an online transaction using a credit card, we may request your permission to retain your credit card information to simplify future transactions and make communications about past transactions. When credit card information is retained, it is kept secure (in encrypted form) and separate from other demographic information you may have given us.
How Your Information is Used
We will use the information you provide to process enrollment requests and orders, provide you with services on our website, and share product, service or camp news and offers with you. In some cases, an outside company may be contacted by us to fulfill a specific request or obligation to you. On occasion, when a related program or ministry will be in your area, you may receive notice of the event. When you make a donation to Carolina Creek Christian Camps, your information may be shared for the purpose of processing the donation and maintaining the relationship with you.
Your information will not be disclosed to any third party except when we deem it necessary to fulfill a specific request or obligation to you or in order to comply with a valid legal process such as a search warrant, subpoena or court order.
Our Commitment to Data Security
The security and confidentiality of your information is extremely important to us. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. From time to time, we review our security procedures in order to consider appropriate new technology and methods.
Payment information and health information are stored in an encrypted form in a secured database. Carolina Creek Christian Camps uses high-grade 128-bit Secure Socket Layers (SSL) encryption to protect the integrity of all credit card transmissions to our servers.
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of children is especially important. The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) applies to the online collection of personal information from children under the age of 13. It is designed to ensure that parents are in control over what information is collected from children under 13. Our enrollment, health history, and payment procedures require all information related to children under the age of 13 be submitted by a parent or legal guardian. From time to time, we may elect to offer special promotions or activities on our site in which we request limited personal information from a child (such as name or email address) in order for that child to participate in the promotion or activity. Except in special and infrequent circumstances, we do not collect such information from a child under 13 without the prior consent of a parent/guardian. When we ask for consent, we will tell the parent/guardian what we will do with the information that their child provides to us, how they can review their child’s information, and how they can request us to delete it. We never condition a child’s participation in any activity on the site on a child’s disclosure of more information than is reasonably necessary to conduct the activity.
Some of the special, infrequent exceptions to our collecting information from a child under the age of 13 without prior parental consent are:
- We may seek a child’s name and a parent/guardian’s email address to contact the parent/guardian for consent or to provide a notification.
- We may utilize a child’s name and/or email address to respond to a one-time special request of that child. For example, if a child sends us an email request, we will utilize the information provided in the request to respond to that request.
- We may seek a child’s name and contact information to the extent reasonably necessary to protect the safety of a child participating on our website. In this situation, the information will only be used for the purpose of protecting the child’s safety and, as above, we will provide the parent/guardian with notice of this use.
Whenever we collect such personally identifiable information in these situations, the information will be used solely by us or one of our agents or contractors for the purposes indicated at the time the child (with parental/guardian notice or consent, as applicable) provides the information. For example, if a parent registers a child, or a child registers themselves in a promotion, we will use the information to notify the child that he or she has won and to fulfill the promotion prize. We also may transfer, disclose, or share such information with third parties who are engaged by us specifically to administer or fulfill certain online activities (e.g., conducting surveys and contests). Such third parties have access to personal information needed to perform their specific functions but may not use it for any other purposes. Lastly, we may also disclose personally identifiable information to third parties when required by law or pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings, or when otherwise necessary to protect our website or the safety of its users.
Changes or Updates to Collected Information and Opting Out
You may change or update the information that you have provided us by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (936) 261-8334. You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Registration Supervisor
Carolina Creek Christian Camps
PO Box 989
Riverside, TX 77367
To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before changing or updating any information.
You may also choose to have your name taken off our correspondence list and, thus, cease to receive correspondence from us by contacting us through one of the channels listed in the preceding paragraph.
Waiver of Right to Participate in Class Action
Nothing herein is intended to be a warranty of any kind. Nor may this Policy serve as a basis for a claim that Carolina Creek Christian Camps undertook to safeguard any private information disclosed when using the website. The website is provided “as is” with all faults, defects and errors, and without warranty of any kind. Carolina Creek Christian Camps disclaims to the fullest extent authorized by law any and all warranties, whether express or implied, including, without limitation, any implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
If you have questions or concerns about privacy issues related to this website, you may contact us at email@example.com or (936) 261-8334. You may also write to us at:
ATTN: Registration Supervisor
Carolina Creek Christian Camps
PO Box 989
Riverside, TX 77367